posted Apr 11, 2011, 8:57 PM by AFMAC Support
updated May 9, 2011, 9:20 AM by Kathleen Wilsbach
The Armed Forces Museum & Archives of the Carolinas invites you to join us for a Salute to Our Armed Forces and the 1st Annual Bluegrass Festival at Fairview Park, Mint Hill, North Carolina on May 21, 2011. It's a national day to pay tribute to the men and women who serve in the United States' armed forces.
Mint Hill Park on Fairview
8850 Fairview Rd.
Mint Hill, NC
Exit 44 off I-485 on HWY 218
Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Parking: $2 donation per vehicle. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets for this family friendly day.
Salute Our Armed Forces
- Honor, Tradition and Music
- Arts and crafts
- Family activities
- George Hamilton IV / Grand Ole Opry Star
- The Moody Brothers / Grammy Nominated Band
- Pinetuckett / Local Gospel Band
- Caitlin Gilliland / Award Winning Singer
- Southern Express Cloggers
- The Independence High School Marching Band
- With Special Guest Doug Mayes, Former Newscaster for WBT Radio-TV and WSOC Radio-TV
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE TOWN OF MINT HILL